Alternate Text

Consulate-GeneralNew York, USA

Local time 2:26 AM

Service for Swedes in the United States

Do you need to apply for/renew a Swedish passport? Do you have questions regarding Swedish citizenship, or would like to register your child? Do you need a certified copy of your passport?

The Embassy of Sweden in Washington DC and the Consulate General of Sweden in New York can assist in many situations, inlcuding issuing regular passports. Please see link below for more detaled information:
> Services for Swedes

In case of an emergency, you can reach us via email or phone (see contact details below). Information about emergency assistance can be found on the Swedish version of this website

There are also a number of Swedish honorary consulates in the United States that offer assistance.  Here, you can pick up a passport or driver license, turn in your application to register your child and, in some instances, apply for an emergency passport.

Please note that all questions regarding visas and/or immigration to Sweden is handled by the Swedish Embassy in Washington DC. The Consulate General in New York does not handle visas or immigration matters.

Contact the Consulate General in New York via e-mail or phone:


Phone: (212) 583-2560

Our regular phone hours are 2pm - 3pm, Monday - Friday (temporary changes may apply).

Schedule an appointment to visit us

All visits to the Consulate General in New York are by appointment only. If you wish to apply for/renew a passport, you book a time for passport application ("svenskt pass/id-handling"). For all other business, such as picking up a passport, you make a general appointment during visiting hours ("expeditionstid").

Last updated 23 May 2023, 9.42 AM