Marriage certificate

Swedish citizens residing in Shanghai, Anhui, Jiangsu and Zhejiang who are getting married can apply for a consideration of impediments to marriage and marriage certificate at the Consulate General in Shanghai. At the same time, the Consulate General issues a supplementary certificate.

If you are registered in Sweden, you must order a marriage certificate from the Swedish Tax Agency yourself. The certificate may need to be apostille stamped by a Notary Public in Sweden before departure. Please note that some Chinese  provinces also require a 'Single certificate' in Chinese issued by the embassy or Consulate General.

Read more about getting married in China and the application requirements for marriage certificates here.

Please note that the Consulate General issues marriage certificates only by appointment.

Book an appointment here - choose visit during reception visiting  hours

Last updated 24 Apr 2024, 11.23 AM