Service to Swedes

The Consulate General of Sweden in Shanghai offers statutory services to Swedes in Shanghai, Anhui, Jiangsu and Zhejiang. Swedes in other Chinese provinces are referred to the Embassy of Sweden in Beijing.

The Consulate General is an independent passport authority that issues ordinary passports, emergency passports and national ID cards.

The Consulate General also issues certain certificates including marriage certificates to be used before a Chinese authority or in Sweden.

The Consulate General assists during specified office hours and by appointment. Read more under each category and book an appointment online.

Emergency assistance

If you are in need of urgent consular assistance, contact the Consulate General. Outside regular opening hours, you can always reach the Consular Emergency Center in Stockholm either by calling the Consulate General's switchboard or by calling the Consular Emergency Center directly +46 8 405 50 05.

Consular assistance is provided under the law to:

  • Swedish citizen residing in Sweden.
  • Refugee or stateless person residing in Sweden.
  • In some cases, other foreign citizens resident in Sweden or Swedish citizens living abroad may also receive assistance.

Consular assistance to a Swede emigrated from Sweden is restricted by law and is only provided in exceptional cases.

Read more about consular assistance here.

Last updated 24 Apr 2024, 11.17 AM