• English

Sweden & United Kingdom

Moving to Sweden from the United Kingdom

The rules for travelling to, moving to, working or studying in Sweden changed for British citizens on 1 January 2021.

More information

More information about moving to Sweden can be found on the Swedish Migration Agency website.

The UK government website also has information about living in Sweden.

Veryfing your passport

From 1 November 2022 applicants who submit, or who already have an open application for a residence permit (including work, study or close family ties), must visit the Embassy to show their valid passport in the original.

We can only receive applicants who have valid residence permit in the UK.

Verification of passport can be done during the Migration Section’s opening hours without prior appointment. Biometrics (fingerprints and photograph) may be taken at the same time.