• English

Sweden & Sudan


Applying for a D-visa

If you have special grounds you can apply for a national visa (D-visa) for longer than 90 days, but for a year at the most. Special grounds are decided by the Embassy. Contact the Embassy on ambassaden.khartoum-migration@gov.se for more details. 

If the Embassy decides you have special grounds you will be asked to fill out the form and the required documents stated below.

Requirements for D-visa

Only if you have special grounds could you be entitled to national visa (D-visa).

The requirements are the same as for a Schengen visa (Required documents) with the following exceptions:

  • You have to show that there are special circumstances entitling you to a D visa. Most applicants who want to stay in Sweden more than 90 days in a 180 day period should apply for a visitor's permit.
  • Use the form National visa (D visa) 169011
  • Medical travel insurance is not required but recommended in case anything should happen.

Back to visitors permit over 90 days.