Travel to USA

Pick up Passport/Driver License

You must pick up a new passport, ID-card or driver license in person and you can to this at any consulate in the U.S. or at the Embassy in Washington DC.

You need to bring your old passport/driver license/national ID-card when you pick up the new one. If it has expired, other valid photo ID with a clearly visible signature must be presented. A parent/legal guardian can pick up a new passport for a minor (under age 18). Alla applicants 18 and older must pick up their passports/national ID-cards in person. 

Some consulates require that you book an appointment to pick up a passport/driver license. Information regarding opening hours and scheduling of appointments is available below:

> Pick up passport/ID card/driver license at the Embassy in Washington DC during regular opening hours without making an appointment.

> Book appointment to pick up passport/ID card/driver license at the Consulate General in New York 

Contact information for all honorary consulates in the U.S. is available further down on this page.

Last updated 07 Mar 2023, 10.51 AM