The Embassy Announces a Vacant Position as PA to the Ambassador
The Embassy of Sweden is looking for a Personal Assistant to the Ambassador. The person will assist the Ambassador in arranging meetings, managing incoming and outgoing invitations, organizing the logistics relating to visitors to the Ambassador as well as the Ambassador’s visits outside the Embassy, answering correspondences, doing translations, managing bookings and carrying out other duties within the remit of a personal assistant. The person the Embassy is looking for will be expected to work independently within a given framework of instructions. Depending on the person’s skill and the need of the Embassy, the content of the position might develop to include more qualified work.
The following requirements must be fulfilled by the candidate
- - Excellent administrative skills
- - Relevant documented work experience
- - Higher education
- - Proficiency in English and Dari, both orally and in writing
- - Experience in translation of official documents
- - Excellent communication skills
- - Very good knowledge of Afghan society and public institutions
- - A network relevant for the work tasks
- - Very good knowledge of the Microsoft Office package
- - Experience from work at an Embassy or International Organization will be considered as a very important asset
Terms and Conditions
The vacancy is a local position, full-time, starting with a probation period of three months with the possibility of a permanent employment.
The Embassy strives to be a gender equal work place and therefore encourages females to apply.
An application, including a cover letter describing why you are interested in the position and how you meet the requirements, and a detailed CV should be sent no later than 16 August 2018 via e-mail to Ambassaden.firstname.lastname@example.org . Write “PA to the Ambassador” in the subject field.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Shortlisted candidates will undergo a health screening and a language test.
For more information contact the Embassy by telephone 0202 104 912 , Head of Administration, Sundays-Thursdays 09.00-12.00.