Are you living in the UK or planning to move here?

The United Kingdom left the European Union on 31 January 2020. From 1 January 2021 the relationship between the UK and the EU is governed by a new agreement on trade and co-operation, as well as the previously reached withdrawal agreement. 

You will find further comprehensive information in the Swedish section of the website

Swedish citizens planning to move to the UK after 2021

The UK has introduced a points-based immigration system that will treat EU and non-EU citizens equally. If you plan to move, work or study in the UK you will have to apply for a visa before you come to the UK.

Swedish citizens living in UK before 2021

For EU citizens who moved to the UK before the end of 2020, there is a special residence permit - the so called EU Settled Status. The deadline to apply for this was 30 June 2021, but it is possible to make a late application under certain circumstances. Please see more information via this link.

You will need a valid passport/ID to apply online. If your passport has expired, you must apply through a separate paper application form. Contact the EU Settlement Resolution Centre on 0300 123 7379, and ask to apply through the paper application form.

Read important information for holders of EEA biometric residence card (BRC) on the UK Government website here.

More applicant information can be found on the UK Government website here. 

Once you have been granted Settled or Pre-settled status, you can use this service to check and prove your status. Please make sure to keep your status up to date with a valid ID document and the correct contact information. You can update these details via this link.

Migration to Sweden

Please check our migratory information on this page.

Last updated 06 Jul 2021, 10.49 AM