• English

Sweden & United Kingdom

Working in Sweden

Important information about travels to Sweden during the corona pandemic

Please check the information on our page Travel to Sweden and keep yourself updated.

British citizens

If you were a resident in Sweden on 31 December 2020, your right to work will stay the same, as long as you remain resident. The registration opened 1 December 2020 and you will have to apply before 30 September 2021. 
More information on the Swedish Migration Agency website.
Information and application here.

You should check the Swedish Migration Agency website for information on when and how UK nationals can apply for a work permit.

Moving to Sweden changed for UK nationals from 1 January 2021. Please check the Swedish Migration Agency for information. 

More info also on British Government's website