To receive a decision as quickly as possible, you are advised to apply online from the website of the Swedish Migration Agency. However, you may still need to visit a Swedish Consulate General during the application process.
To submit your application and for requested interviews, you should visit the Consulate General/Embassy in the country where you are settled. If there is no Swedish Consulate/Embassy in that country, or if it does not handle migration cases, contact a Swedish Consulate General/Embassy in a neighboring country as follows:
• If you are a Turkish citizen, you may visit Consulate General in Istanbul for submitting your application and for interview.
• If you are an Azerbaijan citizen, you may visit Consulate General in Istanbul for submitting your application and for interview. The Embassy of Sweden in Baku does not handle migration issues.
• If you are a citizen of Iraq, you may visit the Embassy in Amman or Tehran for submitting your application and for interview.
• If you are a citizen of Syria, you may visit the Embassy in Amman, Abu Dhabi, Cairo, Khartoum or Riyadh, or the Consulate General of Sweden in Istanbul for submitting your application and for interview.
• If you have another nationality and if you are legally settled in Turkey; you may be able to submit your application or have interview in Consulate General in Istanbul after an individual assessment about your residency by the Consulate General.
• To leave biometric data; only Turkish citizens, citizens of Azerbaijan, individuals from Syria, citizens of Iraq and Turkish residence permit holders from 3rd national countries can leave biometrics from Consulate General in Istanbul. Turkish residence permit holders should bring their residence permit cards in addition to their passports. Other nationalities should contact the relevant Embassies.