If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden on business, you must submit all of the following documents.
Please note that it is important to submit all the required documents. Missing
documents may cause rejection of the application.
If your fingerprints have already been collected within the previous 59 months and if you want to apply for a Schengen visa for Sweden, but cannot do so in person, you need to give a power of attorney to a designated person (not to an agency). The power of attorney does not need to be notarized but needs to be submitted in original together with the application for Schengen visa. If your fingerprints have not been collected within the previous 59 months, you have to submit your application in person.
1. Schengen Visa Application form, completed in English, Turkish or Swedish, signed and dated.
2. Complete extract of the civil registry with a readable QR code
3. Travel arrangments: flight reservation, other proof of intended means of transport, or proof of travel itinerary
4. Proof of accommodation: evidence of hotel booking or other proof of accommodation.
5. Proof of means of subsistence; proof of regular income e.g. salary slips of the last three months (or similar)
6. Invitation from the company in Sweden, indicating the purpose and length of the visit
7. Supporting letter from the sending company containing the following information: indication of the consulate that the document is addressed to; the applicant’s name and passport number; date of start of employment and function; information on purpose of visit and length of stay, employer's contact details; name and position of the person signing the letter.
8. Information on the entity to cover the cost of the stay
9. For attendance to a fair the entry card or documents about participation
10. a) Employees:
-letter from employer and/or approval for leave containing the
following information: indication of the consulate that the document is
addressed to; the employee's name and passport number; date of start of
employment and function; length of the leave and whether it is paid or
unpaid leave, employer's contact details; name and position of the person
signing the letter.
-SGK (social security) statement of employment (Sigortalı İşe Giriş
Bildirgesi) and SGK registration and service document (SGK tescil ve
hizmet dökümü) with a readable QR code.
-farm certificate issued by a chamber of agriculture.
c) Company owners:
-the company registration in the chamber of commerce and copy of the
bulletin of the trade register
-statement of taxes payment
-company activity certificate (Faaliyet Belgesi)
-company bank account statement showing movements over the last three
-Higher education: student certificate issued by the Council of Higher
Education in Turkey (YÖK) with a readable QR-code.
-Other students: student certificate
11. 1 photograph taken in the last six months, 35x45 mm in size with a white background (photo is not needed for applicants who apply in person)
12. Photocopies of passport (all pages with personel information, visas and entry/exit stamps during the last six months) Passport should be valid at least further 3 months after the date of return, must be issued within the last 10 years and contain at least 2 blank pages
13. Travel health insurance with a minimum coverage of 30.000 Euro, valid for all Schengen Member States and cover the entire period of the person’s intended stay
14. Non-Turkish nationals:
-proof of residence permit in Turkey valid three months beyond the intended date of departure from the territory of the Member States (requirement does not apply to Iraqi and Syrian applicants)
15. Iraqi citizens must show their National ID-card in original + submit a copy along with its translation
Note Additional documents might be required by Consulate General.
An application can be submitted at the earliest 6 months before the planned trip.
A visa does not provide automatic permission to enter into the Schengen Area. It is up to the border control authorities to decide on the entry. It is therefore important that you, at the border, can present documents such as return ticket, insurance, means of support and invitation.