• English

Sweden & Singapore

Applying for a visa to Sweden from Singapore

For foreign nationals that require a visa to Sweden and depending on the length of your stay in Sweden. If it is less than 90 days, you require a Schengen visa. For more than 90 days, you should apply for a visitor's permit. Under certain circumstances a national D-visa may be granted.

Visit less than 90 days - Schengen visa

Schengen visa applications to Sweden for applicants residing in Singapore are handled by the the Embassy of Sweden in Bangkok. The Swedish Embassy in Bangkok assesses and makes the decision on applications. The visa application process is outsourced to VFS Global Singapore, who handles biometric collection, document control and fee collection. 

To apply, please contact VFS Global website

Information regarding visa applications on the Embassy in Bangkoks website.

Contact information to the Swedish Embassy in Bangkok.

Entry regulations to Sweden

Travellers can find information about current entry regulations to Sweden on the Swedish Police Authoritys website and recommendations for people entering Sweden from abroad on the Swedish Health Authoritys website.

Warning: False visa agents
Applicants are strongly advised not to deal with any agents. The Embassy only cooperates with VFS Global. 

Visit more than 90 days - Visitor's permit

If you are planning to stay longer than 90 days you will need a visitors' residence permit. An application for a visitor's permit is always sent to the Migration Agency in Sweden, where the decision is made. If granted, the permit is usally issued for between three and twelve months.

Please note that the purpose of the trip must be to visit Sweden, not to settle there. You must have the means to support yourself throughout your stay, must possess either a return ticket or enough money to buy one. Medical travel insurance is not compulsory, but it is advisable to obtain one.

You may apply for a visitor's permit online or personally at the Embassy of Sweden. Please book an appointment to submit your application with an  email to ambassaden.singapore@gov.se.

Read more about visitor's permit at https://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Private-individuals/Visiting-Sweden/Visiting-relatives-and-friends/Longer-than-90-days.html 

National Visa (D Visa)

A national visa (D-visa) is only issued in exceptional cases. According to the law, special circumstances must apply in your case. Note that a family visit is not considered special circumstances, or that the processing time for a visitor's permit might be longer. The fact that you have previously been granted a D-visa does not automatically mean that you can get a new one.

You and the inviting person in Sweden need:

  • Form National visa (D-visa) (available in English only)
  • All the documents required for the application of a residence permit for a visit

The Embassy reserves the right to ask for further documentation if needed

The decision is made at the Embassy. You cannot appeal against the decision if it is refused.