• English

Sweden & France

Moving back to Sweden

If you belong to the same family as a Swedish Citizen you have lived with abroad, you can have a right of residence in Sweden.

You can have right of residence if you accompany or move to a family member who is a Swedish citizen. You can find more information on Skatteverkets homepage.

In order for you to be registered in the Swedish Population Register you must be able to show that your Swedish family member has returned to Sweden after having exercised his or her right of free movement within the EU or EEA.

You should have followed or adhered to your family member when he or she used his or her right of free movement. You need to be able to show that your family member has moved to another EU or EEA country and that he or she has had right of residence there, for example by having worked or studied.