• English

Sweden abroad Bangladesh

Welcome to Sweden Abroad. It's the official website of the Swedish embassies and consulates and includes all the websites of Sweden's mission abroad.

Required documents

If your visa application is to be considered, you must have the documents listed below. A number of other documents are also required, depending on what type of visit you are planning.

Check which additional documents you need in the menu on the left, under the heading for the type of visit you wish to make.

The applicant must submit supporting documents in both original and as a photocopy. The original documents will be reviewed and returned. The Embassy only accept photocopies in A4 size paper.

You must have:

  • A completed and signed application form no. 119031, Application for Schengen Visa.
  • A valid passport (valid for at least three months after your departure from the Schengen area, contain at least two empty pages for visa purpose and schould have been issued during the past ten years).
  • One photograph in passport format, taken straight from the front and no older than six months.
  • A copy of your hotel booking and air ticket booking (we advise you not to pay for hotel accommodation or air tickets before before your visa has been granted).
  • Travel Health Insurence (valid for all Schengen countries which covers medical expences at minimum of 30,000/-EUR and valid for the whole duration of stay).  Read more under "Medical travel insurance"
  • Proof of personal civil status: marriage certificate and birth certficates of children (if applicable).
  • Enough money to support yourself during your stay. In general, Sweden requires you to have SEK 450 per day/person. The required amount may be less if for instance you have paid for board and lodging in advance or live with friends or relatives. If the person who is inviting you to Sweden will be paying for your support, you must show in the same way that he/she has enough money to do so. 
  • Personal bank statement (minimum for the last three months). 
  • Certificate from your employer if you work. Certificate from your university or school, if you are student.
  • Documents that are specifically associated with the type of visit you are planning. Check under the relevant heading in the menu on the left.

If you are under 18 or are accompanied by children – additional documents are required as described under ‘Minors’ in the menu on the left.

All forms must be completed either in Swedish or English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation into one of the mentioned languages by an authorised translator.



Last updated 13 Mar 2018, 3.59 PM