If your visa application is to be considered, you must submit the required documents, some are mandatory for all applicants while some are depending on what type of visit you are planning.
The applicant must submit supporting documents in both original and as a photocopy. The original documents will be reviewed and returned. The Embassy only accept photocopies in A4 size paper.
All applicant’s must submit the following:
- One photograph in passport format, taken straight from the front and no older than six months.
- A copy of your airline ticket booking and proof of accommodation e.g. hotel booking. We advise you not to pay for hotel accommodation or air tickets before before your visa has been granted.
- Travel Health Insurance. Read more under "Medical travel insurance"
- Proof of personal civil status: e.g. marriage certificate, divorce certificate or birth certificate
- Enough money to support yourself during your stay. In general, Sweden requires you to have SEK 450 per day/person. The required amount may be less if for instance you have paid for board and lodging in advance or live with friends or relatives. If the person who is inviting you to Sweden will be paying for your support, you must show in the same way that he/she has enough money to do so.
- Proof of personal financial means through personal bank statement (minimum for the last six months) and/or other documentation showing financial status.
- Documents that are specifically associated with the type of visit you are planning. Follow the link for a list of supporting documents depending on purpose of the trip.
All forms must be completed either in Swedish or English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation into one of the mentioned languages by an authorized translator.
Application for Schengen Visa.pdf