• English

Sweden & Ukraine

Required documents

If your visa application is to be considered, you must have the documents listed below. A number of other documents are also required, depending on what type of visit you are planning.

Check which additional documents you need in the menu below, under the heading for the type of visit you wish to make.

The forms must be completed in Swedish or in English. The forms must be signed and in original. If a child is applying for a visa and will be travelling without his/her custodian/s, a birth certificate and a written consent by the custodian/s with a stamp of a Notary public must be presented in original and with a copy of each document. All other attached documents, except a receipt of paid visa fee if the applicant submits his/her documents at the Embassy and special documents for specific travel purposes, can be copies. Documents regarding a Schengen visa application need to be translated.

You must have:

  • A completed and signed application form no. 119031, Application for Schengen Visa
  • A receipt confirming payment of the application fee
  • A passport or some other valid travel document This must: - be valid for at least three months after the date when the Schengen visa you apply for would expire - contain at least two empty pages - have been issued during the past ten years.
  • Copy of the first page of the foreign passport and copies of all the pages in the foreign passport containing previous visas
  • Copy of internal passport (all 16 pages)
  • One photo in passport format, taken straight from the front and no older than six months
  • Individual medical insurance covering the cost of emergency treatment and transport home for medical reasons. Read more under Medical travel insurance
  • Enough money to support yourself during your stay and the ability to pay for lodging and transportation to/from Sweden. In general, Sweden requires you to have SEK 450 per day/person, not including costs for lodging and transportation. The Embassy requires proof, e.g. in the form of a bank statement and activity over the last three months or traveler checks under the name of the applicant, duly signed, presented in original and copy. If the person who is inviting you to Sweden will be paying for your support, you must show in the same way that he/she has enough money to do so.
  • Proof of activity, i.e a work certificate, which should be addressed to the Visa Section of the Embassy of Sweden in Ukraine. The certificate shall contain the following information about the applicant: position, for how long the applicant has been employed, monthly salary for the last six months, duration of the leave of absence and whether the applicant will be able to keep his/her work position when going abroad. The name and position of the person signing shall be stated, as well as contact information for the company and registration information for the company. For Private entrepreneurs: documents confirming private business - certificate of registration of the company in Ukraine, and tax declaration.
  • Documents that are specifically associated with the type of visit you are planning. Check under the relevant heading in the menu below.

NB! If you are applying for a visa and have previously been granted a visa by the Embassy of Sweden but did not get stamps at a Swedish airport in your passport when arriving to/leaving Sweden, the processing time of your application may be shorter if you in your application provide proof that you actually visited Sweden with your previous visa. You can for example submit tickets, receipts or other documents showing that you actually were in Sweden.

If you are under 18 or are accompanied by children – additional required documents can be found under Minors in the menu below.