• English

Sweden & Ukraine

Minors – extra documents

If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden as a minor, you need the documents listed below.

Minors are anyone under 18 years of age.

The forms must be completed in Swedish or in English. The forms must be signed and in original. If a child is applying for a visa and will be travelling without his/her custodian/s, a birth certificate and a written consent by the custodian/s with a stamp of a Notary public must be presented in original and with a copy of each document. All other attached documents, except a receipt of paid visa fee if the applicant submits his/her documents at the Embassy and special documents for specific travel purposes, can be copies. Documents regarding an application for a Schengen visa need to be translated.

You must have:

  • The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’. Visa applications for minors must be signed by their custodians
  • The original of a birth certificate and a copy
  • For children that are travelling without or with only one parent, the following documents should be presented together with the visa application: A written consent from the parent/parents (not travelling with the child) is needed. The original of the written consent must have a stamp of a Notary public and has to be presented together with a copy. In the document, it should be clearly stated that the consent is valid for all Schengen countries. In case of a single entry visa, it should be clearly stated that the consent is valid for the whole duration of stay in Schengen plus another 15 days (a so-called “period of grace”, a specific time period of 15 days which is always added to the validity period of a single entry visa).If there is only one custodian, a birth certificate, decision from court about sole custody, death certificate or other document has to be presented to prove this
  •  Copies of the internal or national passport of both parents.