Sweden & Serbia

Visit for longer than 90 days

If you wish to visit Sweden for more than 90 days, you need to apply for residence permit for a visit.

Applying for a residence permit for a visit:

  • Everyone, including children, must apply in person.
  • The forms have to be signed by the applicant personally, while the      forms for minors have to be signed by their parent/custodian.
  • All the attached forms and documents have to be presented in the      original form.

You need:

  • The form Application for a visitor’s permit.
  • The form Family details – appendix to your application.
  • A passport or some other valid travel document.
  • A copy of the first page in your passport, and of any extensions      and/or name changes in the passport.
  • One recently taken colour photograph in passport format that is no older than six months and is 45 mm x 35 mm in size. The photo must be taken against a light background and show you looking straight ahead.
  • A copy of your ticket for the return journey.
  • Documents proving the kinship between you and your host in Sweden (e.g.      birth certificates)
  • And – if you are under 18 or are accompanied by children – the form      Application for a  visitor’s permit for a child. Note that additional documents are required for applicants under the age of 18. Check under ‘Minors – extra documents’.

The person you will be visiting in Sweden needs the following documents:

If you are outside Sweden, you can submit your application at the Embassy of Sweden in Belgrade after making the appointment. The appointments are made over the telephone, number 011-2069270, 09.00-10.30 each working day except Thursdays, when the telephone hours are 10.30-12.00.

Wherever you choose to submit your application, it is the Migration Agency that will take the decision in your case. More about the waiting times you can read here

More about planned long visits or about the extension of the ongoing stay in Sweden you can read on the Migration Agency's homepages.