• English

Sweden & Saudi Arabia

Visit for longer than 90 days

If you wish to visit Sweden for more than 90 days, you need to apply for a visitor's permit, at the Swedish Migration Agency.

Applying for a visitor's permit

You apply at the website of the Swedish Migration Agency, Visit Sweden for more than 90 days – apply for a visi­tor’s permit - Migrationsverket All forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation in Swedish or English by an authorised translator.

You need:

  • The form Application for a visitor’s permit.
  • A valid passport or travel document.
  • A copy of the first page in your passport, of any extensions and/or name changes in the passport and of all stamped pages.
  • A recently taken colour photograph in passport format that are no older than six months and are 45 mm x 35 mm in size. The photos must be taken against a light background and show you looking straight ahead.
  • A copy of your ticket for the return journey.
  • And – if you are under 18 or are accompanied by children – the form Application for a visitor’s permit for a child. Note that additional documents are required for applicants under the age of 18.

The person you will be visiting in Sweden needs the following documents:

Documents must not be older than three months.

  • The form Invitation – If you wish to invite a relative or friend to visit you, in the original.
  • Civic registration/family certificate (personbevis) for the purpose of the invitation.
  • Documents showing that the visitor has adequate means of support during his/her stay in Sweden.

D- visa

In special circumstances, a national visa, a so called D-visa, might be issued. Fot questions about D-visas, please contact the Embassy on visa.riyadh@gov.se.

Last updated 02 Feb 2020, 12.05 PM