Sweden & Russia Russia

Visiting relatives and friends – extra documents

If you apply for a visa to visit relatives or friends, you need the documents listed below.

You must have:

  • The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’ 
  • Booking of travel tickets and hotels can be requested if the Embassy deems it necessary
  • Documents describing your plans or activities for the uppcoming travel

You must also attach documents concerning the relative or friend you plan to visit in Sweden:

You must have:

  • Invitation (240011 swe or 241011 eng) – If you wish to invite a relative or friend to visit you. The form must be completed and signed by the relative or friend in Sweden wishing to invite you
  • Proof of legal residence of the inviting person in Sweden - Personbevis. The document must be provided only in case of visiting EU citizens.
  • A copy of ID of the inviting person
  • And – if the relative/friend will be paying for your support in Sweden – his/her pay slip, pension statement or statement of account for the past 3 months