Sweden & Russia Russia


You pay a fee for your residence permit application. The money is not refunded if your application is rejected.

Fee for residence permits for studies

Adults: 12800 roubles (SEK 1500)

Children under 18: 6400 roubles (SEK 750)

Fee for family members

Adults: 12800 roubles (SEK 1500)

Children under 18: 6400 roubles (SEK 750)


If you are applying online, you pay with a credit card or a bank card.

If you are applying on a paper form, you must pay the fee in cash, in RUR, at the time of submission.


Some people are not required to pay for their applications, including the following:

  • Students on scholarships from Sida or another Swedish organisation or international organisation, such as the EU or UNICEF

More about fees and exemptions on the Swedish Migration Agency website

Study fees

You may also be required to pay a fee for your studies. This is decided by each respective university or university college. Contact the school concerned for information.

Last updated on 2 September 2020.

Last updated 02 Sep 2020, 11.51 AM