• English

Sweden & Palestine

Visiting relatives and friends – extra documents

If you apply for a visa to visit relatives and friends, you need the documents listed below.

The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation in Swedish or English by an authorised translator. Documents must not be older than three months.

Link to required documents in English/Arabic.

For visiting relatives and friends you must have:

  • The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’. 
  • Form no. 241011: Invitation – If you wish to invite a relative or friend to visit you. The form must be completed and signed by the relative or friend in Sweden wishing to invite you.
  • Personbevis of the relative / friend in Sweden. Personbevis for the purpose of invitation for a visa can be ordered from the Swedish Tax Agency.
  • A signed copy of the relative's/friend's identity card or passport.
  • And – if the relative/friend will be paying for your support in Sweden – his/her bank statement verifying that funds for the stay are available, it has to show transactions for the last three (3) months. 

Other supporting documents can be submitted to the embassy showing the urgency of the visit such as, a recent medical certificate from a doctor or midwife.