• English

Sweden & Palestine

Studying in Sweden

In general, to acquire a residence permit to study in Sweden, you must have been admitted to a fulltime course of study, you must have the means to support yourself and you must have a passport. You must arrange for your residence permit before leaving for Sweden.

How to apply for a study permit
The rules vary, depending on what kind of studies you wish to pursue. For a description of the rules, check the website of the Swedish Migration Agency website.

If you are a Palestinian citizen. Please select you are a citizen of STATE OF PALESTINE when submitting your application for residence permit.

The university or college may require a fee for the studies, of which a part must be paid in advance. Contact the university or college concerned for further information.

All the most important information on higher education in Sweden can be found on the website Study in Sweden.

Family members
A family member (e.g. husband/wife and unmarried children under 18) may be granted a residence permit for the same period as the student, on condition that they meet the requirements specified. Family members who are granted a residence permit need a residence permit card (see above).

Read more about residence permits for family members on the Swedish Migration Agency website.

Please note
In order for you to get a decision in time to start your course, it is essential that you apply for a residence permit immediately following your notification of enrolment. A residence permit for study purposes is temporary. Even if your stay has lasted for several years, you will not normally be allowed to reside in Sweden after you have completed your studies.