• English

Sweden & Palestine

Moving to someone in Sweden

If you want to move to Sweden to live with a close relative, you need a residence permit.

Please note the information on this page applies if you are a citizen of a country outside the EU/EEA and wish to move to live with a family member who is also a citizen of a country outside the EU/EEA or a Swedish citizen. If you or the close relative in Sweden are citizens of an EU/EEA country (other than Sweden) visit the Swedish Migration Agency for more information how to apply. A close relative may for instance be a husband or wife, a common law spouse or a child (a minor).

Applying for a residence permit in Sweden
The quickest and easiest way to apply for a residence permit is to apply online over the Internet. An online application goes directly to the Swedish Migration Agency and the application process starts immediately. Please visit the Swedish Migration Agency to submit your application.

If you are a Palestinian citizen. Please select you are a citizen of STATE OF PALESTINE when submitting your application for residence permit.

If you are not able to apply online, you can submit an application in person at the Swedish Consulate General in Jerusalem. You need to make an appointment through booking.jerusalem@gov.se.

Find more information under How to apply.