• English

Sweden & North Macedonia

Apply for a work permit in Sweden

If you are a citizen of a country outside the EU and wish to work in Sweden, in most cases you need a work permit.

Information about how to apply for a residence permit in Sweden can be found at the Swedish Migrations Agency’s web page: Working in Sweden - Migrationsverket. There you can also find information about the maintenance requirements and which documents are needed.

Other rules apply if you, or your close relative in Sweden, are citizens or has a status as a long-term resident of an EU/EEA country (other than Sweden). A close relative may for instance be a husband or wife or a child. The most updated information on this subject can be found at the Swedish Migration Agency's webpage

The easiest way to apply for a work permit is to apply directly online to the Swedish Migration Agency: How to apply for a work permit - Migrationsverket.

If you are unable to apply online, you can submit your application and supporting documents at the Embassy of Sweden in Skopje. You can find more information here:  How to apply - Sweden Abroad

The most updated information on the requirements of obtaining a work permit can be found at the website of Swedish Migration Agency (Work permit requirements - Migrationsverket).