Business and conference visits
If you want to visit Sweden for business or a conference and you are a citizen of Liberia, you need to apply for a visa.
Requirements for receiving a visa
When applying for a business visa for Sweden, you must submit all of the documents mentioned below. In order to be receive a Schengen visa for business or a conference you must:
- provide a completed application form for a Schengen visa. The application form may be downloaded below or is available at the Embassy
- have a passport, including a paper copy, that is valid for at least three months after the visa has expired, was issued in the last ten years and has at least two empty pages
- be able to describe the purpose of your visit
- have an invitation from the company or the person that is arranging the conference. The invitation must contain details about you, the applicant, such as:
- personal particulars
- arrival and departure dates
- the purpose of your visit
- who will support you during your stay in Sweden
- pre-printed form, Questionnaire for applicants, Appendix A (may be downloaded below or is available at the Embassy)
- have money to support yourself and for the return trip home (Sweden also requires you to have 450 SEK for each day you stay in Sweden, which can also be paid for by the company that has invited you)
- have an individual medical travel insurance that covers all costs that may arise in connection with emergency medical treatment, urgent medical care or transportation to your home country for medical reasons (the insurance must cover costs of at least 30,000 EUR and be valid for all Schengen countries)
- show that you intend to leave Sweden and the Schengen area on the last day before the visa expires
- two (2) photographs that is in passport format (35 x 45 mm) for all applicants, including minors. The photograph must be:
- a colour photo
- recent and of true likeness (not older than six months)
- showing full face
- taken without headgear
- head coverings and hats are only acceptable due to religious beliefs, and even then, may not cover any portion of the applicant's face
- taken against a plain, evenly lit and light background.
Photographs that do not conform to these standards will be rejected and may cause delay in processing the application
Your entry visa must be entered in your passport before your arrival in Sweden.
Please contact the embassy if you have any questions or would like to book an appointment for visa application for business and conference visits.