• English

Sweden & Kuwait

Required documents

If you apply for a work permit, you usually need to enclose the documents below. Special rules and forms may apply in the case of certain occupations.

Check the Swedish Migration Agency website.

Swedish Migration Agency website

If you apply online, you attach the documents electronically. If you apply on a paper form, you have to bring all the requisite documents with you to the embassy, together with the completed form.

You need:

  • An application form (if you are not applying online). There are      different forms for different types of work permits (see link on the      right).
  • Copies of the pages in your passport that show your personal data,      period of validity and whether you have permission to live in a country      other than your country of origin.
  • The offer of employment, a union statement of opinion, and any      other documents you may have received from your employer.

Accompanying family

If your family is accompanying you to Sweden, you can apply on their behalf in your own application.

If you use a paper form, or if the family will be applying at a later date, the family members are to use form no. 133011, Application for a permit for family members of employees, visiting researchers, athletes and self-employed persons.

Check on the Swedish Migration Agnecy website which documents you need to attach for your family.

Swedish Migration Agency website