• English

Sweden & Jordan

Required documents

If you apply for a work permit, you usually need to enclose the documents below. Special rules and forms may apply in the case of certain occupations.

If you apply online, you attach the documents electronically. If you apply on a paper form, you have to bring all the requisite documents with you to the embassy, together with the completed form.The forms must be completed in English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation in English by an authorised translator.

You need:

  • An application form (if you are not applying online). There are different forms for different types of work permits (see link on the right).
  • A valid passport or travel document. We must see the original and you must submit a copy when you apply. Copies of the pages in your passport that show your personal data, period of validity and whether you have permission to live in a country other than your country of origin.
  • One photograph in passport format and colour, taken straight from the front against a white background and no older than six months.
  • The offer of employment, a union statement of opinion, and any other documents you may have received from your employer.

Accompanying family

If your family is accompanying you to Sweden, you can apply on their behalf in your own application.

If you use a paper form, or if the family will be applying at a later date, the family members are to use form no. 133011, Application for a permit for family members of employees, visiting researchers, athletes and self-employed persons.

Please see the Swedish Migration Agency's website which documents you need to attach for your family.

Last updated 19 Aug 2020, 3.07 PM