If your visa application is to be considered, you must have the documents listed below. A number of other documents are also required, depending on what type of visit you are planning.
Check which additional documents you need in the menu below, under the heading for the type of visit you wish to make.
The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation in Swedish or in English by an authorised translator.
You must have:
- A completed and signed application form no. 119031, Application for Schengen Visa.
- The application fee should be paid in local currency at the embassy, if you have not applied online.
- A passport or some other valid travel document.
- be valid for at least three months after your departure from the Schengen area
- contain at least two empty pages
- have been issued during the past ten years.
- Individual medical insurance covering the cost of emergency treatment and transport home for medical reasons. Read more under ‘Medical travel insurance’
- Enough money to support yourself during your stay. In general, Sweden requires you to have SEK 450 per day/person. The required amount may be less if for instance you have paid for board and lodging in advance or live with friends or relatives. The embassy requires proof that you can support yourself, e.g. in the form of a statement of account from your bank or a wage specification for the past three months. If the person who is inviting you to Sweden will be paying for your support, you must show in the same way that he/she has enough money to do so.
- Evidence of readiness to return to your home/residence country (letter from employer/school/university/company registration, evidence of property, leave approval, etc.)
- Accomodation plan, e.g. hotel bookings
- A copy of your air ticket booking (we advise you not to pay for any air tickets before your visa has been granted).
- Documents that are specifically associated with the type of visit you are planning. Check under the relevant heading in the menu below.
If you are under 18 or are accompanied by children – additional documents as described under ‘Minors’ in the menu below should be submitted.
Last updated 15 Jun 2018, 3.02 PM