• English

Sweden & Israel

Visiting Sweden


For all non-EU citizens

If you are a non-EU citizen wishing to visit or travel within the EU (including Sweden), you will need a passport:

  1. valid for at least 3 months after the date you intend to leave the EU country you are visiting
  2. issued within the previous 10 years


For Israeli citizens

The holder of an Israeli standard passport enjoys visa-free access to Sweden. 


For non-Israeli citizens

If you are visiting Sweden and are not a citizen of Israel, you may need a visa. See below list:

List of countries whose citizens require visas to visit Sweden


What is a visa? 

A visa is a permit to travel to and stay in a country for a maximum of 90 days. If you intend to stay in Sweden for longer than 90 days you will need a visitors’ residence permit. 

See more information below, under "Apply for a visa" and "If you have received a visa".