• English

Sweden & Iran

Applying for a residence permit to study in Sweden

If you will be studying in Sweden for more than three months and you are not an EU citizen, you need a residence permit.

If you will be studying for less than three months, you may need a visa instead.

The quickest and easiest way of applying for a residence permit to study at universities and colleges in Sweden is to apply online. Online applications go directly to the Swedish Migration Agency and are given priority.

Online application on the Swedish Migration Agency website

If you cannot or do not want to apply online, or wish to study elsewhere than at university or college, you need to book an appointment and present the application documents at the Embassy in person instead.

Rules and required documents

To find out which rules apply, which documents are required and how you apply you can check the Swedish Migration Agency website.

The Swedish Migration Agency website