• English

Sweden & Indonesia

Working in Sweden

If you are a citizen of a country outside the EU and wish to work in Sweden, in most cases you need a work permit.

The quickest and easiest way to apply for a work permit is to do so online. Applications over the internet go directly to the Swedish Migration Agency.

Apply for a Work Permit online

Indonesian applicants who are granted the permit need to contact the Embassy once you have received an email from the Swedish Migration Agency to book biometric and fingerprints process. Bring your passport.

It can take up to four weeks for the work permit card to be made and delivered to the Embassy. It is therefore NOT recommended for you to purchase any tickets before you receive your card. Once the card has arrived, the Embassy will inform you through your email address to collect it without making an appointment on Monday to Friday, 9.00 – 11.00 hrs. You must bring your passport with you. It is recommended to check the status of your card before contacting the Embassy to collect it.

If you cannot be present at the Embassy to collect your card, you must authorize a third party to represent you. An original signed power of attorney must be written in English appointing someone else to collect the card on your behalf. Copy of the representative’s passport or ID must be attached to the power of attorney in order to identify the representative on the applicant’s behalf.

Rules and required documents

There are different types of work permit in Sweden. Information on rules and documentation can be read on the Swedish Migration Agency's website.

If you are interested in working in Sweden, you can also find information on the website Working in Sweden.

Basic information about: Working in Sweden

Read more