• English

Sweden & Iceland

Applying for a work permit

If you are a citizen of a country outside the EU and wish to work in Sweden, in most cases you need a work permit.

The Swedish Migration Board website provides information about what is required to obtain a work permit, as well as the possibility of completing an online application for the majority of matters.

Swedish Migration Board website

In most cases, anyone applying for a permit online to work in Sweden will not need to visit a Swedish embassy. If it turns out you need to visit a Swedish embassy you should turn to one of these, if you are lawfully residing in the Schengen area:

The Swedish Embassy in Athens

The Swedish Embassy in Berlin

The Swedish Embassy in Madrid

The Swedish Embassy in Paris

The Swedish Embassy in Rome

The Swedish Embassy in  Reykjavik does not not accept applications or handle migration cases.

Apply for a work permit

In order t o work in Sweden, you must have a work permit.

Read more