• English

Fees Ethiopia

Most people have to pay a fee when applying for a residence permit to move to a close relative in Sweden. The fee will not be refunded if your application is rejected.

Application fees for residence permits due to family ties

  • Adult: 9460 ETB (2000 SEK)
  • Minor: 4730 ETB (1000 SEK)


The following persons can apply for a residence permit without having to pay a fee: 

  • Husbands, wives, registered partners or common-law spouses (cohabitees) and children under the age of 18 who are applying for a residence permit on the grounds of family ties to a foreign citizen who has received a residence permit as a refugee, as a person in need of protection or due to particularly distressing circumstances. Parents and siblings of children in need of protection and living in Sweden are not covered by the exemptions.
  • Family members of EU/EEA citizens (Please note that Swedes do not count as EU citizens in this context.)
  • EU/EEA citizens.
  • Citizens of Switzerland and their family members
  • Citizens of Japan.

Application fees for alien passport

If you wish to apply for an alien passport the fee is 3550 ETB (750 SEK) for each person that applies. The application fee for a provisional alien passport is 2370 ETB (500 SEK) for each applicant. 

Last updated 07 Jul 2022, 2.01 PM