• English

Sweden & Bangladesh

Visits longer than 90 days

If you wish to visit Sweden for more than 90 days, you need to apply for residence permit for a visit or, if you have special grounds, for a ‘D-visa’ (national visa).

Visitor’s permit

If you are planning to visit Sweden temporarily but to stay longer than 90 days, you should apply for a visitor's permit.

An application for a visitor's permit is always sent to the Migration Agency in Sweden, where the decision is made. If the application is granted, a residence permit is usually issued for more than three months and up to twelve months.

In order to be granted a residence permit to visit Sweden, the purpose of the trip must be to visit Sweden and not to settle there. You must have the means to support yourself throughout your stay, and you must possess either a return ticket or enough money to buy one. A medical travel insurance is compulsory.

Apply online

Applications for visitor's permits are handed in digitally. Apply and pay the application fee by using the e-service accessible through this link.

Visit Sweden for more than 90 days – apply for a visi­tor’s permit - Migrationsverket

When you conclude your application in the e-service, you will be directed to a page where you book an appointment for a physical visit at the Embassy of Sweden in Dhaka. During this visit you will show your passport and conclude your application with an interview. You will also give your fingerprints and have your photo taken.


To submit an application for a D-visa you need to make an appointment with the Embassy. Please contact us through ambassaden.dhaka-visum@gov.se.

You need:

  • The form National visa (D-visa) (available in English only)
  • A passport or some other valid travel document. This must: - be valid for at least three months after your departure from the Schengen area - contain at least two empty pages - have been issued during the past ten years.
  • Two coloured photographs in passport format 35 x 45mm, taken straight from the front with a light background and no older than six months.
  • If you are under 18 or are accompanied by children - Note that additional documents are required for applicants under the age of 18. Check under ´Required documents´ - ‘Minors – extra documents’.
  • Documents showing the purpose of your application. 

Application form - D-visa

Last updated 31 Mar 2022, 11.47 AM