• English

Sweden & Bangladesh

Moving to someone in Sweden

If you want to move to Sweden to live with a close relative, you need a residence permit.

Other rules apply if you or the close relative in Sweden are citizens of an EU/EEA country (other than Sweden). Please follow the link for information on the right to free movement for EU/EEA citizen and their families.

Information for EU/EEA family members

Note: The Embassy of Sweden does not represent any other EU-country in matters of residence permits. If you need to find information on the requirements for getting residence permits for any other country, you should contact their authorities directly.