The Strategy for Sweden’s reform cooperation with Eastern Europe for 2021–2027 is a long-term framework which guides our assistance in support of reform agenda and promotion of sustainable and democratic developments, with a multi-dimensional poverty focus.
The seven-year strategy outlines four main objectives, namely:
1. Human rights, democracy, the rule of law and gender equality, which aims as:
2. Peaceful and inclusive societies, which aims as:
3. Environmentally and climate-resilient sustainable development and sustainable use of natural resources, which aims as:
4. Inclusive economic development, which aims as:
The Swedish bilateral reform cooperation is complemented by regional programmes and cooperation through other channels such as Swedish Institute. Through Openaid, you can find all Swedish support globally as well as by country, including Republic of Moldova.
About Swedish Development Cooperation in Moldova
During 2014 to 2021, Sweden provided financial support to Moldovan partners under the “Results strategy for Sweden’s reform cooperation with Eastern Europe, the Western Balkans and Turkey 2014-2020” (you find the whole strategy here), promoting European integration through three key areas:
1. Enhanced economic integration with the EU and development of market economy,
2. Strengthened democracy, greater respect for human rights and a more fully developed state under the rule of law,
3. A better environment, reduced climate change and enhanced resilience to environmental impact and climate change a set of expected results within all results areas.
Cooperation between Sweden and the Republic of Moldova began in 1996.
You can read about the EU-development cooperation with Moldova here.