The Swedish Embassy in Ankara is looking for a Promotion and Communication Officer
11 Jan 2022
Would you be interested in promoting Sweden and values such as gender equality, democracy, human rights, and environmental sustainability? Do you like to work in a dynamic, open, non-hierarchical, and creative organization? Then we might have a job for you!
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic locally employed colleague for the position as Officer for Promotion and Communication.
- Promoting Swedish and European values and Swedish-Turkish relations, including the Swedish reform cooperation with Turkey;
- Running and developing the Embassy’s external communication, including the Embassy’s online presence;
- Planning, supporting and conducting promotion projects, in close cooperation with different Embassy sections, in particular the Political and the Reform Sections, as well as with external Swedish and Turkish partners;
- Creating and maintaining a wide network among, i.a., media, political, cultural, and civil society actors.
Key competences and required skills
- Academic background in a relevant field, such as for instance journalism or political science;
- At least three years of relevant working experience;
- Ability to work independently and coordinate multiple tasks, and develop and maintain contacts with multiple partners;
- Experience from and interest in communication, including social media;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in Turkish and English;
- Deep understanding of the Turkish society;
- Proven organizational skills;
- Creativity and a solution-oriented mindset;
- High level of professional integrity;
- Good networking and interpersonal skills, flexibility, and team spirit.
Additional qualifications considered a merit
- Knowledge of Swedish language and experience from having lived, studied and/or worked in Sweden;
- Experience of working for an embassy, international organization or NGO;
- An extensive network within Turkish society, i.a. in media, academia, civil society and culture.
Terms and conditions
This is a full-time contract with 37,5 working hours per week. The successful candidate will be subject to a professional background check and satisfactory security clearance. A probation period will be applied. Staff recruited locally are subject to terms and conditions according to Turkish employment law and Swedish MFA guidance for local staff.
How to apply
- Qualified candidates are asked to submit a 1 page motivation/application letter, including at least two references, and a CV by e-mail to email@example.com
- Please mark your application with: APPLICATION – PROMOTION AND COMMUNICATION OFFICER
- Questions regarding the position can be directed by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline: 1 February 2022
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and interviewed as well as asked to perform a written and oral presentation test. Decision on recruitment will be communicated on our website.
The Embassy of Sweden in Ankara represents Sweden and the Swedish Government in Turkey, in close cooperation with the Consulate General in Istanbul. The main tasks are to promote Swedish and EU values and interests in Turkey and strengthen the bilateral relations. The Embassy is on behalf of Sida responsible for implementing the strategy for Sweden’s reform cooperation with Turkey, with the overall objective to promote an open and Europe oriented democratic society. We report to the Swedish Government Offices on a broad range of issues, and conduct dialogues with Turkish Government authorities, business, and civil society. The Embassy has around 25 staff members, comprising both Swedish diplomats and locally employed staff.
The Embassy of Sweden is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value differences, promote equality, and have a zero tolerance of discrimination and harassment. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
Last updated 11 Jan 2022, 4.24 PM