Alternate Text

Embassy of SwedenManila, Philippines

Local time 11:11 PM


It is not possible to apply for a regular Swedish passport at the Embassy in Manila.

The Embassy of Sweden in Manila does not issue regular Swedish passports. Regular Swedish passports may be applied for at the various Swedish Missions in the region such as the Embassy of Sweden in BangkokEmbassy of Sweden in Singapore or the Consulate General of Sweden in Hong Kong. However, the Embassy in Manila can only issue a temporary Swedish passports.

Temporary Swedish passport application
The embassy can issue a temporary passport on the same day of application provided the required documents are complete. The following are the required documents for specific cases:


Baby/first time passport holder

  • Properly filled-out application
  • Flight itinerary
  • Samordingsnummer
  • Both parents must be present
  • 3 passport size photos, colored with white background (click here for passport photo guidelines)
  • Fees
  • Phil passport if any  (Please be advised that if the child has no Philippine passport you need to go to the Bureau of Immigration to pay for the exit clearance of the child; appropriate fees applies; processing time is up to 7 working days)


Lost passport

  • Properly filled-in application forms
  • Flight itinerary
  • Any valid Swedish ID/personbevis
  • Police report
  • 3 passport size photos, colored with white background (click here for passport photo guidelines)
  • Fees


Expired passport

The temporary passport is a single journey travel document with seven (7) months validity only. It is valid for travel on the first month it is issued in compliance to the 6 months validity of passport for international travel. The temporary passport must be applied close to the departure date.

If a minor is applying for a temporary passport, both parents must be present at the Embassy to sign the forms.

Note that not all countries accept temporary passports. Applicants have to call the respective embassy of the country they will visit to verify if they accept temporary passports. This is not the responsibility of the Swedish Embassy.

Applicants without Philippine passports or valid Philippine visas/permits to stay in the Philippines must go to the Bureau of Immigration to update their visas from their regular passports to the temporary passports prior to exiting the country. Appropriate fees and Processing time apply. 

Last updated 18 Dec 2018, 2.04 PM