Alternate Text

Consulate-GeneralHong Kong,

Local time 12:56 PM

Checklist: Passport/ID card application for minors (below 18 years)

The Consulate offers appointments for passport and ID card applications on Wednesdays and Thursdays between 9 and 12. Please read the following checklist carefully before visiting the Consulate for the renewal or issuance of a passport or ID card.

  1. Ensure the child has a Swedish personal identity number or coordination number. This is needed to be able to apply for a Swedish passport.
  2. The child must come to the Consulate with at least one Swedish legal guardian. However, you must bring the passports of both guardians, as well as additional passports belonging to the child.
  3. Schedule an appointment for the application.
  4. Fill in and bring the printed form Swedish Citizen - Form for passport applicant. Please note that the form must be signed by both legal guardians and be completed upon arrival at the Consulate.
  5. Complete and print the form "Consent of Custodian". The form needs to be signed by both guardians and witnessed by an adult (not the other guardian). Valid photo identification must be shown for both guardians. If the child only has one guardian, this must be proven by certificate or a court decision.
  6. Ensure that the information in the Swedish population register is correct. Passport and ID cards are issued under the name in the population register. For further information, visit the Swedish Tax Agency's website
  7. Parents shall be able to prove their identity through passport or valid photo identification.
  8. If Swedish citizenship was received through naturalization or notification, citizenship documentation (medborgarskapsbevis) must be brought, stating the date Swedish citizenship was acquired.
  9. If apassport has been lost or stolen, you are required to file a police report and bring a copy of the report to the appointment. The lost/stolen passport will then be blocked by the Consulate.
  10. Bring the child's current passport/ID card. If the current passport/ID card has expired, please bring other valid photo identification from either Hong Kong or Sweden, alternatively other valid passport from another country.
  11. If the child was born abroad or has never resided in Sweden, birth certificate must be shown.
  12. The fee is paid during the appointment with credit card, VISA/Mastercard. The Consulate does not accept payments made with cash or by check. Please see our price list.
  13. Please notify us upon arrival if you want to receive the passport or ID card at another Swedish Consulate or Embassy. There will be an added fee when collecting the document at another passport agency.
  14. If you have applied for a passport in Sweden or at another passport agency and want to collect it at the Consulate in Hong Kong, there will also be an added fee.
  15. Passport photo is taken at the Consulate. You do not need to bring your own photo.
Last updated 17 Oct 2023, 1.35 PM