Alternate Text

Consulate-GeneralHong Kong,

Local time 4:08 AM

Checklist: Passport/ID card application for adults (above 18 years)

The Consulate offers appointments for passport and ID card applications on Wednesdays and Thursdays between 9 and 12. Please read the following checklist carefully before visiting the Consulate for the renewal or issuance of a passport or ID card.

Please note that all documents must in original.

  1. Ensure you have a Swedish personal identity number or coordination number. This is required to apply for a Swedish passport.
  2. Schedule an appointment for the application.
  3. Fill in and bring the printed form Swedish Citizen - Form for passport applicant. Please note that the form must be completed upon arrival at the Consulate.
  4. Bring your current passport/ID card. If your current passport/ID card has expired, you must bring another valid Swedish or Hong Kong photo identification or valid passport. If this is not possible, you must bring an authorised person for your scheduled appointment who can confirm your identity. For further detail on who is considered an authorised person, please visit the Swedish Police website.
  5. Ensure that the information in the Swedish population register is correct. Passport and ID cards are issued under the name in the population register. For further information, visit the Swedish Tax Agency's website. For a new address abroad (outside Sweden), you need to fill in and bring printed form SKV 7842.
  6. If you are the holder of multiple citizenships, this should be proved by a certificate. Please note that the passport agency may in certain cases request a certificate if you have not become a citizen in a country where you have previously resided.
  7. If you have never resided in Sweden, you must be able to show a birth certificate where the name of both parents is shown.
  8. If you received your Swedish citizenship through naturalization or notification, you are required to bring citizenship documentation (medborgarskapsbevis) stating the date Swedish citizenship was acquired.
  9. If your passport has been lost or stolen, you are required to file a police report and bring a copy of the report to the appointment. The lost/stolen passport will then be blocked by the Consulate.
  10. The fee is paid during the appointment with credit card. The Consulate does not accept payments made with cash or by check. Please see our list of application fees.
  11. Please notify us upon arrival if you want to receive the passport or ID card at another Swedish Consulate or Embassy. There will be an added fee when collecting the document at another passport agency.
  12. If you have applied for a passport in Sweden or at another passport agency and want to collect it at the Consulate in Hong Kong, there will also be an added fee.
  13. Passport photo is taken at the Consulate. You do not need to bring your own photo.
Last updated 13 Oct 2023, 3.43 PM