Application for passport and national ID-card
Should you be unable to keep your appointment, please cancel or reschedule it online, in order to make the appointment available to others.
Application for passport and national ID-card can be made after booking an appointment, on Mondays and Thursdays during mornings, and Wednesdays during afternoons.
The following documents are required to apply for a passport or a national ID-card for adults:
- Valid passport
- The form "Information for verification of Swedish citizenship"
- Austrian "Meldebestätigung" if you have moved from Sweden to Austria before 2001
- A birth certificate if you are born outside of Sweden and have never been registered in Sweden
- In some cases, you also need a certificate that you have retained Swedish citizenship, or a citizenship declaration from the Swedish Migration Agency
- In some cases, the embassy may require additional documents to establish citizenship
The following documents are required to apply for a passport or a national ID-card for children: