Visit for longer than 90 days
If you wish to visit Sweden for more than 90 days, you need to apply for a visitor's permit.
Applying for a visitor’s permit
The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin must be legalized and translated into English or Swedish by an authorised translator.
- The form Application for a visitor’s permit.
- The form Family details – appendix to your application.
- A passport or some other valid travel document.
- A copy of the first page in your passport, and of any extensions and/or name changes in the passport.
- One recently taken colour photographs in passport format that are no older than six months and are 45 mm x 35 mm in size. The photos must be taken against a light background and show you looking straight ahead.
- A copy of your air ticket booking to Sweden and return trip (we advise you not to pay for any air tickets before your visa has been granted).
- Proof of kinship with the referent is Sweden (if applicable), original must be presented
- A copy of the household book, original must be presented
- A copy of marriage/divorce certificate (if applicable)
- Proof of support during your stay in Sweden. If the referent will pay for your upkeep, this should be noted in the invitation and supported by proof of income.
- And – if you are under 18 or are accompanied by children – the form Application for a visitor’s permit for a child. Note that additional documents are required for applicants under the age of 18. Check under ‘Minors – extra documents’.
The person you will be visiting in Sweden needs the following documents:
Documents must not be older than three months
- The form Invitation – If you wish to invite a relative or friend to visit you, in original.
- Civic registration/family certificate (personbevis) for the purpose of the invitation.
- A copy of the first page of the passport, together with copies of the pages containing entry and exit stamps to and from Vietnam.
Application for a national visa due to special circumstances
If special circumstances apply in your case, you may be eligble for a national visa (D-visa). You and the inviting person in Sweden need:
- All the documents required for the application for a residence permit for a visit (see above), except of the form Application for a visitor’s permit.
- The form National visa (D-visa) (available in English only)
* *The Embassy reserves the right to ask for further documentation if needed.
Fees for visits longer than 90 days
D-visa Adults and children: 60 Euro.
Residence permits for a visit
Adults: 1000 SEK.
Children under 18: 500 SEK.
The complete list of fees can be found here
Fee must be paid before you submit application at the Embassy.
The fee can be paid at any of the Standard Chartered Bank or its branches in Vietnam.
Account name: Embassy of Sweden - Fees
Account number: 9029 074 2902