• English

Sweden & United Arab Emirates

Visiting relatives and friends – extra documents

If you apply for a visa to visit relatives and friends, you need the documents listed below.

Except for the required documents (see required documents) - all applicants are asked to provide:

Your passport as well as a copy thereof (it needs to be valid for at least three (3) months from the expiry date of the entry visa). 

  • A valid residence permit from UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait or Qatar.
    Copies of previous Schengen visas.
  • Copy of travel arrangements including a booked return trip.
  • Copy of your bank statement, going back the last 3 months.
  • Confirmation letter in original (in English) from your employer/sponsor; stating the salary, applicant's current employment/work and date when joining the company, the dates of the approved leave, and stating the purpose of the visit. The letter should be printed on the company letterhead and should be signed by the authorized person to sign such letters, name and position stated of the signer.
    The company trade license (if the applicant is the owner of the company).
  • Appendix D to be filled in by the applicant (even if applicant is travelling alone).
    Invitation from reference in Sweden (Appendix E) should to be filled in by the reference and submitted along with the application.
  • Copy of reference's passport and residence permit if the reference is not a Swedish citizen / or extract of the population register in Sweden (Personbevis).
    Hotel reservation/accommodation is requested for applicants who will not be living with the inviting person in Sweden.
  • Please submit all documents in English or Swedish.

VFS Global