• English

Sweden & United Arab Emirates

Minors – extra documents

If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden as a minor, you need the documents listed below.

Minors are anyone under 18 years of age.

The forms must be completed either in Swedish or in English. Documents issued by the authorities in your country of origin are to be submitted together with a translation in Swedish or English by an authorised translator. Unless otherwise stated below, documents are to be in the original and be issued by the relevant authority in your country of origin.

If a minor ist travelling alone, further documentation might be asked for after that the Embassy has examined the application.

You must have:

  • The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’. Visa applications for minors must be signed by their legal custodians. The Embassy requiries a non-objection letter signed by both legal guardians.
  • The consent of the custodian or guardian. If there is only one legal custodian, a document showing that this is the case must be attached to the application.
  • If you are attending school, the Embassy might ask for a certificate from the school authority. 
  • Copies of the legal custodians’ ID cards/passports.
  • In all cases, both parents need to be present in person. If this is not possible, please provide a power of attorney to represent the other legal guardian.