• English

Sweden & Ukraine

Visiting relatives and friends – extra documents

If you apply for a visa to visit relatives and friends, you need the documents listed below.

The forms must be completed in Swedish or in English. The forms must be signed and in original. If a child is applying for a visa and will be travelling without his/her custodian/s, a birth certificate and a written consent by the custodian/s with a stamp of a Notary public must be presented in original and with a copy of each document. All other attached documents, except a receipt of paid visa fee if the applicant submits his/her documents at the Embassy and special documents for specific travel purposes, can be copies. Documents regarding an application for a Schengen visa need to be translated.

You must have:

Documents concerning the relative or friend in Sweden

You must also attach documents concerning the relative or friend you plan to visit in Sweden. Documents must not be older than three months. Please note that if close family ties exists to a person in Sweden having been granted a permanent residence permit or is a Swedish citizen, it is possible to apply for a visa valid for up to 5 years. Close family ties can be: spouse, children, parents, siblings, grandchildren and grandparents.

You must have:

  • Form no. 241011: Invitation – To be filled in by persons in Sweden who wish to invite friends and relatives from abroad. The form must be completed and signed by the relative or friend in Sweden wishing to invite you. It is possible to apply with a scanned copy of invitation
  • Civic registration/family certificate (personbevis) for the relative/friend in Sweden. Such a document for the purpose of an invitation may be ordered from Skatteverket, the Swedish Tax Agency
  • If family ties exist: a proof/certificate, confirming these family ties if you apply for a visa based on family ties for the first time, or if you have not applied since 2012
  • And – if the relative/friend will be paying for your support in Sweden – his/her pay slip, work certificate, pension statement or statement of account for the past three months.