• English

Sweden & Ukraine

Sports, scientific, artistic, cultural and study visit – extra documents

If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden for a sporting, scientific, artistic, cultural or study purpose, you need the documents listed below.

The forms must be completed in Swedish or in English. The forms must be signed and in original. If a child is applying for a visa and will be travelling without his/her custodian/s, a birth certificate and a written consent by the custodian/s with a stamp of a Notary public must be presented in original and with a copy of each document. All other attached documents, except a receipt of paid visa fee if the applicant submits his/her documents at the embassy and special documents for specific travel purposes, can be copies. Documents regarding an application for a Schengen visa need to be translated.

You must have:

  • The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’
  • If the purpose is a cultural activity – an invitation from the host organization organising the event in Sweden, showing both the duration and purpose of the visit and who will be responsible for supporting you financially during your stay. It is possible to e-mail a scanned copy of this invitation directly to the Visa Section of the Embassy, visa.kiev@gov.se, or send it by fax, +380 44 494 4292
  • If the purpose is study visit for pupils/students – a written request or a certificate of enrolment from the host university, college or school or student cards or certificates of the courses to be attended.