• English

Sweden & Ukraine

Business visit – extra documents

If you apply for a visa to visit Sweden on business, you need the documents listed below.

The forms must be completed in Swedish or in English. The forms must be signed and in original. If a child is applying for a visa and will be travelling without his/her custodian/s, a birth certificate and a written consent by the custodian/s with a stamp of a Notary public must be presented in original and with a copy of each document. All other attached documents, except a receipt of paid visa fee if the applicant submits his/her documents at the Embassy and special documents for specific travel purposes, can be copies. Documents regarding an application for a Schengen visa need to be translated.

You must have:

  • The documents required by all visa applicants. Read more under ‘Required documents’
  • A signed invitation, addressed to the Visa Section of the Embassy of Sweden in Ukraine, from the company or organisation in Sweden showing both the duration and purpose of the visit and who will be responsible for supporting you financially during your stay. It is possible to apply with a scanned copy of this invitation.
  • A signed employment certificate, stating, in addition to the mandatory information indicated under "Required documents," that the applicant is traveling to Sweden in his/her professional capacity.
  • For private entrepreneurs: registration certificate and tax declarations.

Extra documents for journalists and the technical crews accompanying them:

  • A certificate or other document issued by a professional organization proving that the person concerned is a qualified journalist or a document issued by his/her employer stating that the purpose of the journey is to carry out journalistic work or
  • Proof that the person is a member of the technical crew accompanying the journalist in a professional capacity.