• English

Sweden & Thailand

Medical Travel Insurance

The insurance is to cover costs totalling at least EUR 30 000 and be valid in all Schengen countries and throughout your stay.

You can provide either a policy from an insurance company based in Europe or one of the Thailand based companies. Only the listed insurance companies are accepted by the Embassies of the Schengen Countries in Bangkok. The choice of a particular health insurance is up to the Visa applicant. Find the list of approved insurance companies under documents below.

When applying, you must prove that you have a medical travel insurance.  You should also bring your insurance certificate with your during the trip since you may need to present it, e.g. at an entry checkpoint.

Legal disclaimer: The list is subject to change and the embassy assumes no responsibility for its correctness,

Remark: Please notify the Embassy if your insurance company refuses to pay for medical expenses incurred in the Schengen area, or if it refuses to give full refund in case of visa refusal upon presentation of official proof of rejection from the Embassy.

Exempted from the medical insurance requirement:

  • Persons with a diplomatic passport
  • Persons who apply for an airport transit visa
  • Persons who are relatives of an EU citizen (A Swedish citizen is not considered being an EU citizen in this context) e.g. his/her
    - husband or wife - registered partner - common law spouse - children under 21 years of age - older children who are financially dependent on their parents - parents who are financially dependent on their children in Sweden
Last updated 29 Jul 2020, 11.08 AM