Fee for visa applications (from October 1, 2021)
Adults: EUR 80
Children aged 6 - 12: EUR 40
The application fee is tied to the euro and is revised in the event of any major shift in the exchange rate.
The fee is paid in different currencies depending on from what country you apply. If you have any questions regarding the fee or exchange rate for your country, you may contact the Migration Section. The fee in the local currency is also displayed on VFS Global's website for the respective countries and updated by the Embassy on a regular basis, in the event of any major shift in the exchange rate.
VFS Global charges a service fee per application, in addition to the above fee for the visa.
The following are exempted from paying the visa fee:
- Children under six years of age.
- School pupils, students, research students and accompanying teachers on study or training trips.
- Third-country researchers travelling for the purpose of pursuing scientific research.
- Representatives of non-governmental organizations who are aged 25 or under, who take part in seminars, conferences, sports events, cultural events or educational events organized by NGOs.
- Family members of an EU or EEA citizen if they are to move to the family member in Sweden or travelling on a short journey to prepare for a move together with the family member in Sweden. Read more about which individuals are counted as family members of EU citizens on the Swedish Migration Agency's website. Please note that relatives and family members of Swedish citizens have to pay a fee.
Citizens of countries that have signed visa facilitation agreements with the EU pay a reduced fee or are exempted from payment. This applies to citizens of:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Cap Verde
- North Macedonia
Fee for Visitor's Permit
Adults: SEK 1,500
Children age 0 - 18: SEK 750
National Visa (D Visa)
Adults and children over 5 years old: EUR 60
Children under 5 years old: No fee