• English

Sweden & Sudan


Most people have to pay a fee when applying for a residence permit to move to a close relative in Sweden. The fee will not be refunded if your application is rejected.

Appliction fees for residence permits


For the current price list, see the attachment List of Fees above.

How to pay

If you are applying online, you pay with a credit card or a bank card on the web.
If you are applying on a paper form, you must pay the fee at Bank of Khartoum in advance. The fee is to be paid into account number 1309794-1 and the account holder is "Embassy of Sweden."


The following persons can apply for a residence permit without having to pay a fee:

  • Husbands, wives, registered partners or common-law spouses (cohabitees) and children under the age of 18 who are applying for a residence permit on the grounds of family ties to a foreign citizen who has received a residence permit as a refugee, as a person in need of protection or due to particularly distressing circumstances. This correlates to the following "beslutsklass": A3, A7, A8, A9, AK, A5, A6, AC, AF, AM, AS, AT, AV, G, N1, N2, N3, SF, SA, SÖ and in some cases AK.  
  • Parents and siblings of children living in Sweden are not covered by the exemptions.
  • Application of alien's passports are not covered by the exemptions.
  • Family members of EU/EEA citizens. (Please note that Swedes do not count as EU citizens in this context.)
  • EU/EEA citizens
  • Citizens of Switzerland and their family members
  • Citizens of Japan.